INDEPENDENT. TRUSTED. CREDIBLE.
Industry collaboration for Australia’s genomics future
Established in 2020, the Industry Genomics Network Alliance (InGeNA) is:
– An alliance between a broad group of industry organisations, formed to bring a shared perspective on critically important areas underpinning the future of genomics and the promise of personalised health
– A single voice for Australian industry partners contributing to the rapidly developing field of genomics
– A shared vision for Australia’s leadership in the adoption of genomics in healthcare
We, InGeNA believe that:
- Genomics has the potential to be a game changer for personalised healthcare
- Widespread genomics adoption, including in prediction and prevention, will lead to a better quality of life for all Australians and a more sustainable health system
- Every Australian should have access to the emerging benefits of personalised healthcare
InGeNA the industry voice for the future of genomics in Australia
Careers in diagnostic genomics: Diverse pathways & experiences
Streamed Thursday 7 September 2023
In this joint webinar with Melbourne Genomics, we heard from three people working at the interface of genomics and bioinformatics. Each has different qualifications and career pathways but all contribute to the implementation of genomics into healthcare.
They also briefly outlined some of the Melbourne Genomics education programs available in clinical variant interpretation.
What we do
InGeNA was formed by a group of industry organisations, hosted by the Australasian Institute of Digital Health (AIDH), to bring a shared perspective on critically important areas underpinning the future of genomics.
- A patient-centred approach
- Digital infrastructure & principles
- Workforce planning & skills
- Government policy making
VISION Realising the full potential of genomics to personalise healthcare
MISSION To harness the collective skills and expertise of industry to integrate genomics into healthcare
Stay connected, stay informed! We welcome your interest. Complete this form to sign up for regular news, events and updates.
You don’t need to be a member to attend InGeNA events. We bring the genomics community together for webinars and in-person appearances to learn about advances in the field, new trends and global developments.
The time is now.
Realising the full potential of genomics to personalise healthcare is a compelling vision, but now the real work begins in how to implement it.
InGeNA was established to help bring the vision of precision health to fruition, where Australian citizens are the beneficiaries of a health system that has fully integrated genomics into its DNA, delivering better outcomes for patients and the population.
The first InGeNA webinar for the year will be themed ‘NAGIM Implementations’. The National Approach to Genomic Information Management (NAGIM) seeks a national genomic data asset for Australia, within a seamless and secure digital genomics ecosystem. A NAGIM is founded...
More than 300 million people worldwide and two million Australians live with rare disease, and 72% of rare diseases are genetic. This internationally recognised day of awareness has been building support for the rare disease community since 2008 and calls for...
InGeNA members are Australian industry partners contributing to the rapidly developing field of genomics. We share a vision for Australia’s leadership in the adoption of genomics in healthcare including: better health outcomes; healthcare value and affordability; and a trusted, equitable and ethical genomics ecosystem. Collaboration across the key sectors of diagnostics/pathology, technology/data, and pharma will ensure long and far-reaching benefits for Australian health consumers.
InGeNA partners with organisations in research, peak bodies, government, member organisations, and non-profits that share our vision of realising the full potential of genomics to personalise healthcare.
InGeNA can offer support to projects in the form of letters of support and connections to our members and broader network.